WARRANTY ~ PLANTATION SHUTTERS
Modern Roof Restoration (NSW) t/as Modern Group
(ABN 13 075 084 847, Builders Lic No 86266C)
Australian Consumer Law Guarantees
For your peace of mind, we give guarantees and warranties in relation to all our goods and services
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a
replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You
are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does
not amount to a major failure. This warranty is in addition to and in no way limits, varies or excludes any express and
implied rights and remedies under any relevant legislation in the state or territory of sale.
Warranty against Defective Goods and Services
This warranty is part of the contract between you and us. In addition to the rights you have under the Australian Consumer Law guarantees,
this Plantation Shutter product is warranted against faults in materials and manufacture for the following period from the date of original purchase.
- Plantation Shutter and Framing Material – 5 years
- Standard Hardware used on the product (including but not limited to hinges, screws, track components and motorized devices) - 1 year
- Paint/stain/lacquer used on the product (including defects related to cracking, peeling and hazing) – 3 years
- Clear-tilt internal components including gearing and louvre pins and any stainless steel products used – 3 years
- Tilt rod components and connections including any stainless steel products used – 3 years
Restrictions and Exclusions
This Warranty does not apply if:
- The Plantation Shutter is repaired or serviced other than by an approved Modern Plantation Shutters tradesperson.
- The Plantation Shutter product is damaged by:
- Excessive wear and tear
- Misuse or improper handling
- You have failed to maintain and service the Plantation Shutter product in accordance with the Maintenance and Cleaning Instructions referred to below
- Damage has been caused by moisture, other than is found in normal atmospheric conditions
- Note: where the product is stated as having waterproof features, this exclusion does not apply, unless particular parts are specified in product manuals as not being waterproof
- You have not paid for the goods and/or services in full at the time of making the Warranty claim
- The Plantation Shutter is damaged by structural defects in the building in which it is installed
- The Plantation Shutter is damaged by wind, hail, lightning, or other acts of God, intentional acts or exposure to harmful chemical or pollutants
- Stainless steel hinges and screws are not used in Coastal Areas.
Claim under Warranty
If you wish to make a claim under the warranty you can contact Modern Roof Restoration (NSW) t/as Modern Group via any one of the following:
- Submit written claim to Modern Roof Restoration (NSW), 1-3 Meridian Pl, Baulkham Hills NSW 2153
- Complete Warranty request form at modernonlineshutters.com.au/Contact.aspx
Please retain your sales documentation as this will be required to validate a warranty claim.
Please note that, unless we agree otherwise, you are responsible for any costs directly related to the removal, transportation, insurance and any labour costs
involved in the replacement of materials covered by this warranty. We will inform you of those costs at the time you make a claim under this Warranty.
Maintenance and Cleaning Instructions
The materials require little maintenance. The surface of the Shutter will collect dust. Normal dusting or use of damp cloth will remove this accumulation.
If more thorough cleaning is required, please use a neutral soap and warm water to wash the surface. For more difficult stains a mild water based household cleaner can be used.
External Shutters should be hosed down regularly and washed with a mild soap solution to remove salt and air pollutants. Shutter hardware should be sprayed regularly with a silicon spray.
IMPORTANT: Stainless Steel Hinges and Screws must be used in Coastal Areas or warranty is void.
Caution: Never use harsh abrasives, chlorine-based cleaners or cleaners containing organic solvents on Insulite Shutters as they may affect the surface appearance and durability.